Friday, April 3, 2015

Contributions

As I've said before, it's just me working on this project. If I decide I don't feel like spriting something, it doesn't get sprited. If I feel like hammering out a few levels, it happens (more or less). Basically, it means that if I don't feel like working, nothing happens.

This is why I really love contributions. New contributions and ideas really get my mind working and fire up some motivation. Even anonymous ones on April Fool's Day posts with suspicious wording in the comment.

...ok, that's a bit of a lie. Being suspicious ("horsemeat"? Really?), I played the wad blind and recorded it and...

Well, I think I'm flattered. Disturbed, deeply and truly disturbed, of course; but mildly flattered.

The following video is not quite safe for work and contains vulgar language (mostly in text form), poor spriting, censored inappropriate spriting; loud noises, inappropriate noises, bogus noises; tasteless jokes, tasteless image choice, tastelessness in general; a Terry trap, and other various inappropriacies. Proceed at your own risk.

But that first level, though... Seriously. While waiting for the video to upload I checked it out in DoomBuilder and there are secrets and ammo and everything that I missed. There's a flamethrower in the lava in the middle, and there's a hidden rocket launcher in the room with the blue key.



Seriously, though. It's rather messed up. I've left it as unlisted.

Also in the video I mistakenly said the Carnevil texture came from Zandronum when it in fact came from Skulltag. I made this mistake because Skulltag died about the time I got into modding (June 2012) and Zandronum picked up the baton, and since I don't play online, I mixed the two multiplayer projects up. 
Also my heart was breaking because something so good went so crappy so fast.

bet you wish for the days when I didn't update as often huh I don't even know why I'm posting this

No comments:

Post a Comment